Learn. Compete. Keep fit. Cool off.
There are a number of reasons why you’d get in a swimming pool. Learn to swim safely, do some laps in your own time or join a squad to take it up a notch. Well, you can do all of that at our state of the art aquatic centre.
Are you planning sport and fitness activities for your school? Find out more about the fun and varied activities we offer.
Our nationally accredited swimming instructors teach both kids and adults how to swim safely in a number of environments. We’ll work on a number of strokes as well as key lifesaving skills.
Our kids and adults classes are run separately.
What to bring:
- Kids under three need to wear a swimming nappy
- Kids three and over need to wear a swimming cap
YMCA Swim Squads
Do you have your sights on the Olympics? Or do you just want to work on your stroke? Whatever your motivation, we’ve got a squad and swimming coach that’s the right fit for you.
- District Squad – train and compete at a district level. Find out more.
- Metro Squad – take it to the next level to compete at Metropolitan Championships. Find out more.
- State Age Squad – for those ready to test themselves at state level. Find out more.
- State Open/National Age Squad – for elite swimmers that want to compete against the country’s best. Find out more.
- Platinum Squad – for swimmers who want to stay fit but can’t commit to our other squads. Find out more.
Aquatics for fun
Getting in the pool can be a whole lot of fun – and great for your health.
- YMCA Aqua Aerobics - a fun and low impact workout that will help improve your fitness, strength or recover from an injury.
Holiday Intensive Program
Looking for a fun activity these school holidays? Find out more about our Holiday Intensive Program.