Learn. Compete. Keep fit. Cool off.
There are a number of reasons why you’d get in a swimming pool. Learn to swim safely, do some laps in your own time or join a squad to take it up a notch. Well, you can do all of that in our state of the art aquatic centre.
Our nationally accredited swimming instructors teach both kids and adults how to swim safely in a number of environments. We’ll work on a number of strokes as well as key lifesaving skills.
Our kids and adults classes are run separately.
What to bring:
- Kids under three need to wear a swimming nappy
- Kids three and over need to wear a swimming cap
Adult Swimming Lessons
The Adult Swim program at UNSW has something for everyone, from non-swimmers to those wanting advanced stroke correction. Our small group classes allow you to learn at your own pace in a safe and well-equipped environment with qualified, experienced Teachers.
YMCA Swim Squads
Do you have your sights on the Olympics? Or do you just want to work on your stroke? Whatever your motivation, we’ve got a squad and swimming coach that’s the right fit for you.
- District Squad
- Metro Squad
- Platinum Squad
- State Squad
- National Squad.
- Silver – focus on starts, turns and finishes for all four strokes.
- Gold – develop your stroke and increase speed and fitness.
- SwimFit- focuses on fitness, speed and stroke development.
- Adult – focuses on fitness, speed and stroke.
Aquatics for fun
Getting in the pool can be a whole lot of fun – and great for your health.
- YMCA Aqua Aerobics - a fun and low impact workout that will help improve your fitness, strength or recover from an injury.
Holiday Intensive Program
Looking for a fun activity these school holidays? Find out more about our Holiday Intensive Program
Are you planning sport and fitness activities for your school? Find out more about the fun and varied activities we offer.