R U OK? Day is this Thursday September 12. It is our national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone that any day is the day to ask, “Are you ok?” and support those struggling with life .
Did you know that exercise can increase the level of endorphins in the brain which have 'mood-lifting' properties?
This R U OK? Day, come down to UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre and participate in one of our many group fitness classes. Bring a friend or come in to meet new people and connect with your community. Remember that we are all in this together and you are never alone.
Join us for a BBQ on the UNSW Pool Lawn (Outside the UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre) and take part in a Fitness Obstacle Course or Stretch & Balance fitness class with us!
- Date: Thursday 12th September 2019.
- Time: 1:30pm onwards for BBQ, 2-2:30pm for the Fitness Obstacle Course and 3-3:30pm for Stretch & Balance Class
- Cost: Gold Coin Donation to support our Brightside Program
ABOUT R U OK:
R U OK?'s vision is a world where we're all connected and are protected from suicide.
Their mission is to inspire and empower everyone to meaningfully connect with people around them and support anyone struggling with life.
Their goals are to:
1. Boost our confidence to meaningfully connect and ask about life's ups and downs
2. Nurture our sense of responsibility to regularly connect and support others
3. Strengthen our sense of belonging because we know people are there for us
4. Be relevant, strong and dynamic
Staying connected and having meaningful conversations is something we can all do. You don't need to be an expert - just a good friend and a great listener. So, if you notice someone who might be struggling - start a conversation.
Remember, a conversation could save a life. Who will you ask?