As we move towards a reopening of the centre, we are pleased to provide you with this update.
To ensure we continue to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all of the community when we reopen, in conjunction with our partners at UNSW, a number of urgent maintenance items and refurbishments commenced at the centre during the closure period.
The following works have been undertaken or are being finalised:
- Major plant room maintenance including replacement of circulation and heating pump
- Repairs on the stadium roof to prevent issues with leaks
- Replacement of some lighting, taps and sensors in change rooms
In preparation for opening, the team has also been implementing our COVID-Safe plan to meet NSW Health Guidelines and operational requirements. These include:
- Installing four sneeze screens, additional hand sanitiser stations and enhanced signage throughout the centre
- Launching a new online booking system for classes
- Establishing a contact tracing system
- Spacing usable equipment and capacities for each room
- Delivering additional online and face-to-face training to ensure staff and patrons’ safety is our first priority
We are currently working closely with UNSW to determine the earliest stage that we will be able to open our doors and how we can best deliver programs and services to provide a COVID-Safe environment.
Stay tuned to the centre’s social media pages and your emails for updates and remember to keep doing your Y at Home Programs to get you ready for your return to the centre! There is something for everyone of all ages and abilities with interactive videos and tips to keep you kicking goals in fitness, learn-to-swim and mental wellness.
We thank you for your understanding and patience and will have further communication about a reopening date in the very near future.