General Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No person shall profit by teaching, coaching or training any person in the facility without prior consent of management.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to advise staff of any serious pre-existing injuries or medical conditions before exercising.
- You must only swim where you are medically and physically fit to do so.
- Membership access cards are for individual use only - the centre reserves the right to obtain any membership card that is used inappropriately as deemed by management.
- Smoking is not permitted at this facility.
- Secure your belongings in security lockers provided. Management takes no responsibility for items lost or stolen.
- Animals (except guide dogs), glass, drugs or alcohol, or people suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted in the facility.
- Bikes, scooters and skateboards are not permitted into the facility and must be secured to the bike racks provided.
- Any behavior which is considered improper or disorderly or interferes with the health, safety comfort and enjoyment of other customers within the facility will be acted on and you may be asked to leave. This includes ball games, running, bombing, pushing, back flips, sitting on lane ropes etc.
- Abusive or offensive behaviour is not permitted, including swearing, abusive language, spitting etc.
Pools and surrounding areas
- Lifeguards are an important safety feature but they cannot and do not replace the close supervision of a parent or guardian.
- For hygiene reasons, all customers are encouraged to shower before using the pools.
- Children five years and under and non-swimmers must be within arm’s reach of the supervising adult at all times.
- Lifeguards may ask the children to vacate the pool if not being supervised to their satisfaction.
- Children under the age of 10 years will not be allowed entry to the facility without continuous supervision of a person over the age of 16 years.
- Use of the steam facilities is limited to those aged 16 years and over. Materials such as Eucalyptus oil and other scents are not permitted in steam room.
- Articles of clothing such as street wear, underwear, cut-off jeans, t-shirts, bike-pants, leotards, casual wear and sporting wear are strictly prohibited. Only recognised swimwear, made from lycra and nylon is to be worn in the water and steam room. All babies and toddlers who are not toilet trained must wear approved nappies.
- Glass or other fragile or dangerous items are not permitted around the pool grounds.
- There is no eating or drinking in any pool.
- Diving is not permitted unless supervised and in a depth greater than 1.4m. Please check signage or with a Lifeguard to ensure depth is adequate.
- No pass outs.
- People with a recent history of diarrhea or gastroenteritis infections should not swim in a public swimming pool.
- For hygiene reasons, customers using the fitness centre must use a towel. No towel, no workout.
- Appropriate fitness gear, including footwear must be worn at all times.
- Patrons must return weights or any other equipment after use
- Management reserves the right to alter or cancel classes or change instructors from time to time without notice.
The rules and policies of this facility are put in place to ensure the comfort and safety or all customers. Management reserves the right to:
- remove customers who disobey the Conditions of Entry, refuse to follow the direction of staff or who display inappropriate or anti-social behavior.
- In the case of serious offences or criminal activity, police will be notified. Management reserves it right to refuse entry in the future.
Use of Change Rooms
- Children over school age are to use the same gender or family change rooms only.
- The use of cameras and mobile phones is not permitted in change rooms. If you’d like to take photos please let our staff know.
Customers enter the facility at their own risk and accept that management, its employees, contractors, agents and the University of New South Wales will not be liable for any injuries that may be sustained whilst at the facility and consent to receiving any medical treatment that staff consider necessary.
If you have received a SMS from UNSW Fitness & Aquatic Centre and would like to OPT OUT, please email STOP with your name and number to email@example.com.